HUMAN RESOURCES/ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
The department is directly responsible to the Registrar and is headed by a Director whose office performs the following functions:
- Coordinates all personnel and administrative duties of the Council.
- Host Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee meetings of the Council.
- Coordinates matters relating to appointments, upgrading, conversion, promotions, deployment or transfer and discipline of staff.
- Determines and manages the human resource needs of various departments and develops strategies for recruitment and placement of required manpower.
- Plans and Co-ordinates staff Training programmes
- Develops effective induction programmes for newly recruited staff.
- Prepares and maintains the register of all staff, confidential and secret files.
- Assists in Planning, Organizing and Co-ordination of Council’s annual activities/programmes.
- Prepares annual manpower budget of the Council.
- Caters for staff welfare;
- Interprets and communicates Federal Government as well as Management policy directives to employees of the Council.
- Handles Council’s Protocols and Public Relations matters